Monday 2 March 2015

Processes

I have been working on my vignettes for "The Brave Tin Soldier" I have chosen to use a process called grey scaling to shade and colour my images.


Each image starts with a basic sketch of the idea and then on a new layer I will refine the line art for the final image.  


Using the magic wand tool I select around the line work and inverse the selection, so only the area between the line work can be edited. I add a new layer beneath the line art and fill it in grey, to this grey layer I being to colour in rough shading and highlights, using a darker tone of grey and white. Once all the basic shading has been added I select filter, blur and use “Gaussian blur” to blend the tones together slightly and create a smoother appearance. This method of shading is what I mean by "grey scaling". 


For the colour layer I create a new layer above the line art and set this layer to “Multiply” which allows the shading on the layers beneath to show through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment